Mead's note: Vertigo is one of Portland's best and wildest theater companies, producing the likes of Len Jenkin, George Walker, Chuck Me, Don DeLillo and other bad boys.
Theatre Vertigo's One Page Play Festival
Words, words, words. Normally, theatres ask you for money when talking about fundraising but Theatre Vertigo is asking for your words. We are rapidly ending our 9th Season as "Portland's Premier Acting Ensemble" and would like you to contribute to our next fundraiser. We are holding "The One Page Play Festival" in Portland, OR Summer 2007 (Date and Location TBA) and need you to write a play. Think it might be hard?
Well, you only have to write A SINGLE PAGE.
That's right. One page. The theme is Dirty Laundry: America's Best Unkept Secrets. Let your imagination take you from there. We are looking for just about any genre so the sky's is the limit. Originally conceived by Robert Caisely, Associate Professor at the University of Idaho, the One Page Play Festival allows every playwright to contribute to this exciting event.
Don't think you're a writer? You have one page to find out. Please read the submission guidelines below and then write your play. We encourage all skills, ideas and scripts! If you think anyone else would be interested in contributing to this cause, please tell your friends about this by forwarding this e-mail. We are trying to get as many submissions as we can from a variety of writers.
If you would like to submit a play to Theatre Vertigo's One Page Play Festival please submit your plays to firstname.lastname@example.org and please follow these guidelines:
1. Plays must be no longer than one-page in length (9-12 pt font).
2. Plays must not have been previously produced or published in any form.
3. Maximum of 4 characters per script.
4. Maximum of 4 entries per writer.
5. Plays must address, directly or indirectly, the festival theme of Dirty
Laundry: America's Best "Unkept" Secrets.
6. Plays can either be comic or dramatic, in any style or genre.
7. Plays must have extremely limited production/staging demands, as the play
will be produced "without décor."
8. Entries must be submitted via email as an attachment in MS Word format or
PDF (and should include the author's name, address, phone number, a brief
bio, and one-sentence description of the play in the body of the email. The
subject of the email should read as follows:
RE: "OnePagePlays/author's full name" (OnePagePlays/Jessica Rabbit)"
9. All entries must include a cover-page (in the same file as the script
itself) which includes the title, the author's name, address, phone number,
and email address.
10. We will notify you when we have received your script and in the
following weeks, we notify you if your script has been selected.
11. Deadline is May 1st.
Again, please tell everyone who you think would like to contribute to this
event. Please check Theatre Vertigo's website www.theatrevertigo.org to find
out the location and date of this event. We will be updating our website
Theatre Vertigo plays at the landmark Theater! Theatre! building
3430 SE Belmont, Portland OR • (503) 306-0870 • www.theatrevertigo.org