You may recall that the beloved and historic Marysville School in SE Portland was badly damaged recently in a fire.
Now there’s a way to help. Come to this benefit if you can. Here’s the press release that gives you the details, including the fun stuff at the end.
On November 10th, fire devastated Portland’s historic Marysville School. Fortunately, every child got out safely, but nearly two months later, the entire community and the Marysville PTA are still struggling to help the kids get back what they lost. That’s the driving force behind the Marysville School Benefit Auction, to be held January 7th at the Ambridge Events Center (1333 NE M L King Blvd).
The Marysville PTA is the backbone of the school, providing the funding for programs and necessities; during the recent cold snap, they bought gloves and hats for kids who would otherwise go without. In the wake of the fire, the coffers of the PTA were drained as they scrambled to replace lost items. The goal of this benefit is to replenish those funds that will:
· Replace lost equipment and supplies. Many of the students still don’t have items they lost from their desks, such as calculators.
· Provide transportation for parent volunteers. Marysville is truly a community school; kids and parents walked to school. Now, it’s 15 miles away, and most of the parents don’t have cars, and they simply can’t provide the help they used to. And, there’s a new need for volunteers to oversee bus safety.
· Replace lost uniforms and equipment; help the sports program. The basketball program had just gotten off the ground and the PTA was in the process of raising the funds to expand the sports program, including soccer; those funds are now gone.
· Help fund after school enrichment programs.
· Replace items the PTA used to generate funds, such as the popcorn machine and copier.
How can you help? Attend the auction on Thursday January 7th. Tickets are $30, which includes food, wine and beer, and a wonderful evening of evening of music, comedy, and even magic! Come dance to Boka Marimba and have a wonderful time while bidding on a great variety of items-from jewelry to sports equipment to weekend getaways. If you can’t attend, you can easily make a tax-deductible donation online.
To buy tickets online or donate, please visit www.marysville.schoolauction.net/benefit .
· Marysville School Benefit Auction
· 6:00pm January 7th
· Ambridge Events Center, ( 1333 NE M L King Blvd).
· Tickets $30 purchase at www.marysville.schoolauction.net/benefit