Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bots Never Sleep



AbraPalabra just bit the big one. That's right, my tag board is history. For those of you who used it regularly, my apologies; it was a fun utility, but I was tired of constantly deleting the spam that cluttered it. Today alone I had to de-slime the board NINE different times -- it just wasn't worth it. There's no keeping up with those pesky little bots. God, they're gross. Ick.

Also today, I've switched the blog to comment moderation. So from now on you'll have to reproduce a code word to get your text published (evidently bots can't read yet) AND I have to tell the system to go ahead and let your comment appear. I hate having such a buffer, actually, but I am assured that it's only a matter of time before the bots start infesting my comment boxes, unless I thwart them in this way.

I'm only thinking of youse!

10 comments:

Prince Gomolvilas said...

Mead, you're always thinking of me. How considerate. Now publish my comment RIGHT NOW.

k. crow said...

Will you still approve comment that contain naughty words like fuck or clothprunker?

Mead said...

The latter's a tad on the scabrous side, but OH ALL RIGHT.

Yeah....for the most part my only worry is Important Messages from non-human sources.

Unless, of course, things here descend into a followspot-style, ad hominem flame war, but that doesn't look imminent. No one ever dares to disagree with me....excepting, naturally, Prince, Marc, Enrique, Jason and the entire membership of PlayGroup.

C A Wohlmut said...

okay, but how will I let you know I have once again finally blogged? Oh, wait that's a lie. but I'm going to once this heat breaks. No I swear... meanwhile censor away

Anonymous said...

AbraPalabra, the void and the nothingness, the blue screen of death.

Anonymous said...

Everything (is now) in moderation.

Mead said...

Semi-related news: someone made it to this blog today by googling: "how do you pronounce col ceathair?" I wanted to refer him to you, but alas, contrary to popular belief, I can't tell who is visiting this blog just by looking at their URLs.....

Anonymous said...

and the answer is... "col caher," ideally with a smile

Mead said...

Coal CAW-hur, is that right?

Anonymous said...

Measaim. Ceart go leor! -- I think. Right enough!