Sunday, January 18, 2009

Almost Famous, 3rd Edition


Bob Hicks of Art Scatter has bestowed an honor upon us: the Premios Dardo Award, a peer distinction given by one blog to another as a way of acknowledging those who have delighted, instructed, enlightened and/or amused us.

My virtual research has failed to find out who started the Award or when it began, but I notice blogs with this distinction hail from as far away as Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. And I’m ticked to be among their number.

A full year ago, Technorati claimed to be tracking over 112.8 million blogs, and the number has surely grown exponentially since then. If you’ve ever clicked the “next blog” button on Blogger or WordPress, you’ve seen for yourself that there’s a lot of dreck out there. But there’s also much that's smart, personal, even affecting. Perhaps the Premios Dardo can help us distinguish (to borrow a phrase from Bob himself) the gold from the pyrite.

Here are the rules for receiving and sharing the Award:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to another 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment.

3) Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


So I’m passing it on herewith. Several blogs I haunt, such as Culture Shock and Splattworks, just received the distinction and so can’t be re-warded, but I still had no trouble finding my full complement of 15. I hope you’ll take the time to visit each of them.

Parabasis

Bamboo Nation

Marissabidilla

Studio Z

ghost light

The Fortress of Jason Grote

Notes on Acting

i wanna be sedated

The Mesmer Project

Sheila Callaghan.Playwright.Blog

what cannot be won, might be coaxed

Crowcrastination

Wonkette

Portland Center Stage

the “blog” of “unnecessary” quotation marks

And this is only a partial list of blogs I love. Feast!

1 comment:

MattyZ said...

How cool is this, Mead?! I will have to wait a bit to "officially" accept, as I need to somehow select 15 blogs when you and others have already awarded all my faves! Jeez. :) But at some point I will pass this honor along...which is a great excuse to find more sites to visit. Thanks!